- Saturday, 10 July, 2021 to Saturday, 17 July, 2021
Local website : https://airtribune.com/pwcserbia/info/details
Kopaonik is mountain range situated in the South of Serbia. In the middle of the plateau there is a beautiful ski resort with the same name. Many international sport team use this place as altitude preparation center. High end hotels are surrounded by forest and hills giving it a very unique vibe. It is great location for paragliding as with short car drive you find take offs in to all wind directions.
Kopaonik hosted last World Cup event in 2013 and European Championships in 2014.
Kopaonik is one of the largest mountain ranges of Serbia. It is located in the south part of the country. Its highest mountain - Pančić's Peak - is 2,017 m ASL. Kopaonik is a National park and the major ski resort of Serbia. It is situated on a relatively flat region, at an altitude of about 1,700 m. This central Kopaonik plateau is called Suvo Rudište. It is surrounded by mountain peaks. To the north and northwest of this plateau stretches Banjski Kopaonik, which is the location of Jošanička Banja spa, whose strong springs' waters reach the temperature of 88 °C (190 °F). Directly below the Suvo Rudište plateau starts the attractive and picturesque valley of the Samokovska River, characterized by its steep run, numerous rapids, falls and gorges.Kopaonik has over 200 sunny days annually and over 160 days covered by snow.
The area of Kopaonik is famous for its landscape and provides fine flying conditions. The flying seson begins in March-April and ends in autumn. The best flying month is August. Clould base depending upon the weather may reach 3500 m. There is an airport nearby so usuaaly the flights hight is liited to 3000 m.
Tasks exceeding 100 km are possible here during summer time.
There are 3 main take-off groungs at the mountain Kopaonik.
Take off #1 - Jadovnik 43°19'27" (43.3242)N; 20°44'56" (20.7491)E - 1560m ASL .
S, SSE, SW, WSW exposure. Height above valley is 700-900m. The slope is about 20º-35º and it is covered with grass.
The place is large enough for 150 pilots simultaneous take off. No power lines, no cables or any other hazards. Water for ballast will be provided there as well as mobile toilets. At noon one can find shadow under parasol or trees. There is a helicopter landing place 200m from the take-off and a lot of space for officials and visitors cars parking.
Take off #2 - Kokorovac 43°21'38" (43.3608)N; 20°46'12" (20.7702)E - 1330m ASL
W, NW, N, NE exposure. Height above valley is 700m.
The slope is 20º - 30º, covered with grass. There is enough space for 20 pilots simultaneous take off. Helicopter landing place is in Josanicka Banja - in the valley in 3,5km away from the take off. Water and toilets are also available.
Take off #3 - Orlove stene 43°18'40" (43.3113)N; 20°50'21" (20.8392)E - 1740m ASL
E, ENE exposure. Height above valley is 750m.
The slope is 20º - 30º. Can host about 10 pilots for simultaneous take off. No power lines, no cables or other hazards. There is a helicopter landing place 200m from the take-off on the mountain. Big parking area, water, toilets and shadows at your disposal as well.
Saturday, July 10, 2021
10:00 Free flying -departure from HQ to TO
16:00-20,00 Official Registration
20:15 Mandatory Safety Briefing
20:45 Opening ceremony
Official hotel and event HQ will be in "Kraljevi cardaci SPA". That's one of the top 3 hotels in Kopaonik and we managed very good price for pilots during competition.
• Night in accommodation units: single, double and triple rooms, four-bed apartments (all located in the main hotel building and have a warm connection with the Spa)
• Breakfast or half board service (breakfast and dinner)
• wifi in the whole complex
• use of the room for storing paragliding equipment
• use of the headquarters room
• The price of accommodation is 18.9 euros (2,200 dinars) per night per person in rooms 1/3 and 1/4.
• The price of accommodation is 22.4 euros (2,600 dinars) per night per person in room 1/2.
• The price of accommodation is 36.10 euros (4,200 dinars) per night per person in room 1/1.
The price of bed and breakfast is 25 euros (2,913 dinars) per night per person in rooms 1/3 and 1/4.
The price of bed and breakfast is 28 euros (3,262 dinars) per night per person in room 1/2.
The price of bed and breakfast is 41 euros (4,777 dinars) per night per person in room 1/1.
The price of accommodation with half board is 33 euros (3,845 dinars) per night per person in rooms 1/3 and 1/4.
The price of accommodation with half board is 36 euros (4,194 dinars) per night per person in room 1/2.
The price of accommodation with half board is 49 euros (5,709 dinars) per night per person in room 1/1.
Possibility of additional payment (optional):
• for unlimited use of the contents of the SPA & WELLNESS center is 10 euros (1,165 dinars). The spa center is spread over 1500 m2 and contains: indoor pool and 2 outdoor pools, Finnish sauna, bio sauna (Russian spa), aroma-steam (Turkish) bath, hammam, salt cave, Kneipp pool, tepidarium benches and float spa capsule . Float spa relaxation treatments, body treatments and massages are booked separately and paid extra. The use of the fitness center is also included in the price
Local tax and insurance are not included in the price, and are charged 140 dinars per day per person.
We need your name, with whom you will be in the room, do you need breakfast, or half board, or without food, etc. You will get booking note back. Payment will be in HQ.
Email for booking:
Main airports of Serbia are in Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport and Niš Constantine the Great Airport
General entry requirements for Serbia
1. Valid passport/travel document;
2. Valid visa in the passport, if a Serbian visa is required for passport holders of the respective country;
3. Proof of sufficient funds for staying in Serbia. Sufficient funds are considered to be 50 Euros per day of stay, proved by possession of the appropriate amount of cash, bank statement, traveller's cheques, credit cards or a letter of guarantee;
4. You must carefully check the Covid entry requirements using official government sources. If you attempt to travel without the correct documentation you may be denied boarding or entry.
5. If underage children are travelling with one of their parents, it is necessary to submit a relevant certified authorization by the other parent; or if the child is travelling with a third person such authorization is required from both parents or guardian;
6. It is recommended to have a health insurance for the period of stay in Serbia, covering possible medical costs to the amount of not less than 20,000 Euros.
Direct transfer Belgrade Airport – Kopaonik
The local organizer shall organize transportation from Belgrade airport to HQ.
Transport cost is 35 EUR per person in one way.
Please send an email to Svetlana at firstname.lastname@example.org mentionning your arrival date, flight number, arrival time, your name, and she’ll inform you about the shuttle to Kopaonik.
You can also use public transport (bus) to arrive to Kopaonik from Belgrade.